The Community & Economic Development Department exists to enhance the community’s safety, welfare, economic opportunities and quality of life.
- Planning: The Planning Division processes all development applications and oversees all site plan review approvals. It also drafts new City ordinances and prepares amendments to the Lomita General Plan.
- Building and Safety: The City contracts with Los Angeles County Building and Safety for building plan check and permit issuance.
- Building and Safety Inspection Services: For those with existing permits, inspections are continuing to proceed during the pandemic. Please follow the established Building and Safety process for requesting an inspection.
- Code Enforcement: The Code Enforcement Division handles nuisance abatement and code violation notifications and proceedings. You may report neighborhood concerns ranging from debris, graffiti, building code violations, etc.
We would love to hear from you!
- Walk-in Planning Counter Hours are 8:00 AM to 10:00AM and 2:00PM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday.
- Accommodations outside these hours can be made by appointment.
- For general planning inquiries dial 310-325-7110 or email the duty planner firstname.lastname@example.org
- For code enforcement requests dial 310-325-7110 x 156
- For building and safety related questions please call the Lomita Office of Los Angeles County Building and Safety at 310-534-3760