Election season is fast approaching, and the City of Lomita wants to remind residents of the following information and dates to equip them with the tools they need to be an engaged voter during the 2024 election year.
With the upcoming Presidential Primary Election on March 5, the city encourages residents to confirm their voter registration, or register to vote at plan.lavote.gov or in person at voting centers within Los Angeles County.
Once registered, don’t forget to mark these important dates on your calendar.
- February 1 – Vote-by-mail begins
- February 20 – Last day to register to receive a Vote by Mail ballot
- February 24 – Same-Day Registration and voting centers open
- February 27– Last day to request a replacement ballot or Crossover Vote by mail ballot
- March 5 – Election day
Los Angeles County residents can submit votes by:
- Voting-by-mail – Every registered voter will receive a Presidential Primary Election ballot by mail beginning February 1. Save time and skip the line by mailing back your ballot in the provided return envelope.
- Dropping votes off at a ballot box – Vote early without waiting by dropping off your ballot at Lomita’s ballot box. The ballot box is located at Lomita Library, 24200 Narbonne Avenue.
- Visiting a voting center between February 24-March 5 – Los Angeles County voters can cast their votes at any voting center. Residents can vote right here in Lomita by visiting Lomita park, 24428 Eshelman Avenue.
For any inquiries about your vote or the registration process, visit LAVOTE.GOV or call (800) 815-2666 to speak to a representative.